Sunday, July 27, 2014

When I'm sitting in the park

on my lunch break, savoring the brief half hour reprieve I am allowed, I do not want to talk to you, random middle-aged man. Calling me "cutie" will get you nowhere. Even if I had all the time in the world, not just my precious thirty minutes, I wouldn't care to discuss with you what book I am currently reading. It's no business of yours what I'm reading. It's no business of yours that I'm wearing shorts and sitting in the sun. When I tell you I don't want to talk to you, you have no right to call me uptight. I do not owe you my time or attention simply because you are a man and you called me cute. I don't care what you think of me. But your entitled attitude, which allows you to view me as uptight because I exercise my power of choice as a human being and refuse to smile at you, is disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if no one's ever called you cute.

1 comment:

  1. How long is the reprieve for the people who assemble your smartphone at FoxConn? How many precious minutes do they get? Also you could just treat people with respect. You seem to be a really unhappy and awful person. And obviously you do care what this man thinks of you since decided to write a blog post about it. Stop being so snide and get a life.

    ReplyDelete